Software Solution for Thayer County Health Services
Thayer County Health Services was concerned about not being able to meet all Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) compliance standards for protecting sensitive patient data. Important faxes sent through analog fax machines or printouts could become misplaced or viewed by unauthorized personnel. Additionally, the hospital was unable to track color printouts to ensure the proper budgets were debited.
Eakes performed an assessment to identify all printing, faxing and security concerns. Eakes proposed the GoldFax software solution to address fax security and the PaperCut MF software solution including proximity card readers as an accounting tool for managing printing.
Eakes developed two Software Solutions that included:
- Four more Sharp MFPs added to their existing fleet.
- Secure faxing through their Sharp MFPs.
- Desktop faxing capabilities.
- Tracking of all faxes.
- Tracking of prints from desktop or swipe cards.
- Reports on printing to administration each month.
- Security strategy that includes secure print release to meet HIPPA guidelines.
- Single sign on with PaperCut and GoldFax using Active Directory authentication.
- Tracking of scanning and faxing eliminating anonymous fax or scan to email.
- Providing end-user training on the new technology for optimum utilization.
Thayer County Health Services employees are able to print and fax securely and easily in accordance to HIPAA compliance standards. There is less printing reducing paper consumption and saving $12,000 in one year. They can now accurately track usage by department for budgeting purposes.