Software Solution for Cozad Community Schools
Cozad Community Schools adopted an initiative to reduce paper consumption through providing teachers and staff with Apple iPad mobile devices. They needed a way to track student, teacher and staff printing from the iPad devices so the school could monitor and control the amount of printing and reduce printing costs.
Eakes performed a Print Assessment to identify all printing devices and their usage. To address their specific printing initiative, Eakes proposed the PaperCut MF software solution including proximity card readers as an accounting tool for managing printing.
Eakes developed a Software Solution that included:
- Upgrading the school's existing line of Sharp MFPs to larger Sharp devices with more capabilities for integration.
- Integration with their new iPads.
- Tracking prints by teacher and students.
- Tracking from desktop or swipe cards.
- Reports on printing to administrators every month.
- Follow me printing allowing them to print at any networked device.
- Rules based printing to utilize lowerst cost printing devices.
- Secure printing.
The 10 Sharp OSA-enabled MFPs provided easy integration with the iPads, PaperCut MF software and RF Ideas pcSwipe Enroll card readers using the school’s existing ID cards. The integration has provided the desire effect of enabling the schools to reduce pages printed by approximately 30,000 per month.