This position is for someone who is excited by designing functional, productive, beautiful workspaces that fit the unique needs of individual clients.
Eakes Office Solutions, a Steelcase contract furniture dealer with offices across Nebraska, is seeking a full-time Designer in our Grand Island, NE office.
as a Designer you will
- Evaluate client needs and determine scope of services required
- Determine product application and create layout, typicals and budget estimates
- Prepare drawings, renderings, selection of color, materials, and finishes and/or create sample boards and presentation materials for sales representatives and clients
- Finalize and generate all necessary drawings and project documents required for installation
who we’re looking for
- You make things happen and on time
- You manage your own work and also work well as a team
- You have a proficiency with design technology
- You have industry knowledge such as architectural drafting, contract furniture or interior design
- A degree with major coursework in Interior Design
- ASID or IIDA registration desired
- 1-2 years field experience in Interior Design desired
It all began in 1945 when Howard Eakes started a machine sales and service business, Office Equipment Company, in Grand Island, Nebraska. From there we have grown into one of the largest independently-owned office products dealers serving the Midwest.
why work at Eakes
Eakes has continues to grow as we’ve expanded our products, services and locations and you can be a part of that expansion. We are passionate individuals who deliver unique solutions for our clients every day. We attribute our success to the collective experience of talented Eakes employees, strong collaboration with quality manufacturers and a dedication to personal customer service that our customers value the most.
In addition to a competitive compensation package, Eakes offers paid time off, 401(k) retirement plan, medical and dental benefits, life insurance, Short/Long Term Disability coverage and more. To learn more about Eakes, visit eakes.com.
We would love to hear from you and have you consider joining the Eakes team. You can reach our HR Manager, Kevin Fries at 308.398.6823. Resumes and cover letters can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.