Responsible for processing and maintaining accounts payable for Corporate, Grand Island, York, Hastings, Beatrice, and Lincoln locations. Reconcile general ledger accounts and review trial balance for Omaha. Reconcile month end inventories for multiple locations. Process incoming mail.
- Verify accuracy of invoices by comparing purchase and receiving records with invoices received. Research discrepancies due to pricing and other factors to ensure proper payment to vendors.
- Prepare invoices for data entry and accurately input data into computer.
- Reconcile vendor statements with company records.
- Contact vendors to resolve problems and handle vendor inquiries pertaining to accounts payable.
- Assist purchasing and receiving departments with problem resolution.
- Download electronic and emailed invoices and distribute.
- Reconcile bank accounts.
- Reconcile accounts receivable, accounts payable and other balance sheet accounts.
- Reconcile inventory accounts and assist locations in resolving discrepancies.
- Review expense accounts for accuracy.
- Create and post journal entries and review trial balance for accuracy.
- Sort and distribute incoming mail.
- Prepare monthly contract error report.
- Close lease and CPC contracts.
- Process month end trade in purchase orders.
- Send out tax exempt and W-9 forms as needed.
High School Education or Equivalent
1 Year Formal Accounting Program Preferred
1 to 2 Years General Bookkeeping Experience Preferred.
Computer Data Entry Experience Desirable
Basic Computer Skills – including Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
Good Verbal and Written Communication Skills
95% of Work Activity at Desk/Computer
Office Located Downstairs